Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Recommended Reading 3: Dershowitz Makes The Case For Israel

My friend, Suzi Brozman, who writes for the "Atlanta Jewish Times," recently interviewed Alan Dershowitz. Dershowitz, a famous Harvard Law professor, "is one of the most sought after speakers on college campuses all over the country," Brozman wrote.

She first reviewed Dershowitz's documentary film, based on the book of the same name, "The Case for Israel," followed by the interview.

An excerpt:

"Q. Have you heard anything from Jimmy Carter?

A. No. In fact, I offered to come to Atlanta at my own expense, with no fee, to have a discussion with him at the Carter Center. There was no response. I then offered to come down and simply speak with no fee at the Carter Center so the people there could at least hear the other side. There's absolute censorship at the Carter Center. Let me say this. I think it is a disgrace that Emory University, where my wife graduated, has anything to do with the propaganda machine called the Carter Center. I think any self-respecting university should sever all ties with the Carter Center. The very fact that they will not permit me to speak there is revealing. I want to speak at the Carter Center. If they are a true academic institution, they should present all sides of the issue and they won't allow me to speak there. (Writer's note: Dershowitz is one of the most sought after speakers on college campuses all over the country.)"


Interesting reading. AFTER YOU GO OUT AND VOTE TODAY, check it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: