There will also be a joint study session of the City Utilities board and the City Council.
The hearing and study session will be held in the CU training center classroom at 301 E. Central.
View CU's preliminary 2009 Operating Plan and Natural Gas Rate Proposal overviews at the City Utilities Web site.
- 2009 Operating Plan
- Natural Gas Proposal
The next opportunity for the public to speak to Council in a public setting will be at the first reading of the bill recommending approval of the City Utility budget, when it comes before Council. That date is September 15, 2008. Two weeks later, Council will vote to either approve or not approve the CU budget.
Following is the rest of the schedule as it appeared in the News-Leader:
- Aug. 19-27 -- Reviews/study sessions as needed with CU board and City Council.
- 3 p.m. Aug. 28 -- Board votes on proposed budget, CU board room, 301 E. Central
- Aug. 29 -- Budget filed with city clerk
- 7 p.m. Sept. 15 -- First reading and public hearing of proposed budget, Springfield City Council, Old City Hall, 830 Boonville.
- 7 p.m. Sept. 29 -- City Council votes on proposed CU budget, Old City Hall, 830 Boonville