Thursday, November 08, 2007

Irreconcilable Differences, a repeat...

I don't normally read Roger Ray's From the Left columns at the News-Leader but, because of the marriage analogy, Jason at Life Of Jason perked my interest when he wrote Look Closer At Roger Ray . I wrote a marriage analogy from, at the time, a conservative Republican position back in 2006, at the height of liberal outcry against the war in Iraq.

Since then I have become an independent because I recognize there really isn't much difference between the two parties actions. But I think there is still some validity, though a bit dated, in my past entry from 2006, so for a bit of a different perspective than Roger Ray's on the marriage analogy and polarization of not just political parties, now, but Americans as a whole, here's the link:

Irreconcilable Differences

Here's a tease:

"Today America is polarized, there are clearly some irreconcilable differences between certain political pundits. What is a citizen to do when he or she would like to divorce themselves from the political antics and power plays by one party against the other?

I believe that Republicans, who clearly are more willing to fight for our security and safety in these states should be awarded the home, the car and custody of the kids. I plan to explain why I have come to this conclusion."

No comments: