Monday, February 06, 2006

An Update:

I just wanted to post a note to those of you who might be awaiting my post on why I believe President Bush will go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents of our time (promised in the course of a discussion at badchristian).

Today I took my Mother in for a test, a Dobutamine Stress Echo, to be exact. We got her into the room. Gave all the information that was necessary and for some reason after the nurse asked my Mother if she has a pace maker (she doesn't) she printed something off of the electrocardiogram, or whatever the heck you call that thing, and cancelled her test, saying something about the rhythm of her heart being such that they couldn't give her the test. At the same time, they rescheduled a test for tomorrow, they talked like it would be the same thing so none of this makes much sense to me. They said the test she will take tomorrow will take about four hours.

So, those of you who check in on JackeHammer, say a little prayer for my Mom, if you don't mind. This test will determine whether she will be able to get a total hip replacement surgery that she desperately needs.

I would like nothing better than to have the time to post something interesting to the blog, but for the time being my life is getting in the way.

PJ tells me she is planning to post something. We can all look forward to that.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

I do hope things turn out well!

Jackie Melton said...

Thanks, Brandon, that means a lot to me. :)

Mini Me said...

I'll be praying - hope all goes well.

Jackie Melton said...

The test went just fine, though we were sure ready to get out of there after 4 1/2 hours of it! Now all we have to do is wait for the results. Thanks to all who prayed for her, and me!