Friday, February 24, 2006

I've Been Tagged...

...by Mini Me at A Recovering Republican, which is kind of a weird thing to me, but probably only because I'm weird anyway. You see I've spent most of my life, not my virtual life, mind you, but most of my real life keeping my mouth shut, figuring I don't have anything interesting to say. I think that's why it astonishes me that anyone is interested in my opinion on anything. Astonishing and strange. Anyway, Mini Me tagged me so I figure it would be an insult to a really sweet lady who I am privileged to have met on the internet if I don't play along, so here goes.

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD:

1). The last job I had was as an Administrative Assistant in the house moving/demolition business. My husband also worked there. It was fascinating. It's awesome to watch houses get picked up and roll down the road at midnight. It's can also be a very political endeavor because one ends up working with the City. My job was mostly as a glorified secretary but also entailed working with Realtors, Utility Companies, and dealing with the employees, payroll and worker's comp claims (the icky part). I spent a lot of my time on the phone scheduling the big events and keeping bill collectors at bay. I wrote company policy, studied a lot and was the "right hand" girl to the President.

2). My first job was at an old time theater, the kind with the box office and the neon marquee out front. I worked the concession stand. Those are nostalgic times for me. I met my first love there and received my first deeply broken heart there. I was still employed there when the place closed down. I believe the movie that was showing on the last night was "Orca the Killer Whale," and I sat in the balcony and cried like my best friend was dying that last night while the projectionist was rewinding the film after all the patrons had gone. Years later the old theater has been restored and is used for local plays. I was very happy to see that happen. It was a community project and I visited there several times while they were working on the theater. I wasn't living there at the time but if I had been I would have loved to have helped in the restoration. For time frame's sake, The Exorcist came out while I was employed there.

3). One of my favorite jobs was as Receiving Manager for a little company in Arkansas that made Hillbilly gag gifts and customized souvenirs. If you bought a Hillbilly Nite Lite, a Hillbilly Bic, a Hillbilly Attitude Adjuster, a Hillbilly Chicken Dinner (little wooden cedar box with three kernels of corn inside), Hillbilly Bubble Bath (a little bag of brown beans labeled with a topper that gave instructions for cooking, eating and making your own "bubble bath" attached), on and on, sometime in the early 90's in the Ozarks, chances are I had a hand in working on that little item. I loved the job.

4). One of my other favorite jobs was simply working as a cashier in a Convenience Store. I loved getting to know the regulars and I always enjoyed running a cash register.

FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER

1). Being There with Peter Sellers

2). Any of the Indiana Jones movies

3). The old Pink Panther series with Peter Sellers

4). Little Big Man

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE

1). House

2). CSI

3). Survivor

4). CSI Miami

FOUR PLACES I'VE VACATIONED

1). Branson, MO

2). Eureka Springs, AR

3). Ohio, several cities, my husband is from Ohio

4). Arizona

FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DISHES

1). Fried CATFISH

2). Cheese enchiladas

3). Lasagne

4). Oh, okay, Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy! Yeee haaw!

FOUR SITES I VISIT EVERY DAY (OR REGULARLY)

1). Beliefnet: spirituality, prayer, God, angels, meditation...

2). boortz.com: The world-famous Internet site of the Nationally Syndicated Neal Boortz Show!

3). Intellectual Conservative Politics and Philosophy

4). ScrappleFace

FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW

1). At White Water on a hot summer day

2). Eating oysters on the half shell after White Water. (These two first things are contingent upon Shari being with me) :)

3). Walking in the park

4). Sitting on the creek bank

BLOGGERS I'M TAGGING

None. Unless they want to volunteer. :)

Thanks, Mini, that was fun, even if no one else did, I enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Mini Me said...

Thanks for doing it! I love to learn about people and I thought this was a good way to do that :-)

Jackie Melton said...

You are very welcome, Mini! It was kind of fun thinking back on those times in my past and answering the questions. I thank you for the opportunity. It isn't something I would have done on my own if you hadn't asked. :)

It was interesting reading yours too.