Monday, November 17, 2008

A few obscure (and soon to be obscure) Presidential quotes

"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes." - Richard Nixon

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been." - President Gerald Ford

"I have come to the conclusion that the major part of the work of a President is to increase the gate receipts of expositions and fairs and bring tourists to town." - William Howard Taft

"Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion." - Calvin Coolidge

"If some among you fear taking a stand because you are afraid of reprisals from customers, clients, or even government, recognize that you are just feeding the crocodile hoping he'll eat you last." - Ronald Reagan

"It's no exaggeration to say that the undecideds could go one way or another." - George Bush

"When you have got an elephant by the hind leg, and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run." - Abraham Lincoln

"We can do some work together to fix up the country." - President Elect Barack Obama (Speaking of John McCain)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

tom said...

"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush

Man I thought I was the only one of two minds

"I was under medication when I made the decision to burn the tapes." - Richard Nixon

This statement was a couple of decades ahead of its time. In this day and age Nixon could say that and possibly 50% or more of the population could relate to him.