Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Miles from home

You do not know

I cannot tell you

each night lengthening

each night stark

filled with your face

on a pillow

where I do not want you to be.

You cannot know

I cannot tell you

heart hurting, no longer able

to hide behind picture frames

lining a wall

behind what I must do

what I do not want to do.

I cannot tell you

the days I want back

days we had now belong to

someone else

who doesn't know you

doesn't love you like I do.

You cannot know that hurt

it hides behind what I must do

It hides behind pictures on the wall

I hang to try to remind you

remind you that I love you.

All the things you cannot know

All the things we shared you can

no longer face, facing away

behind those pictures

behind those smiles

Miles from home.

No comments: