Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rasmussen: Congress' Approval Rating - Single Digits in latest survey

It marks the first time since the election

According to Rasmussen Reports™ Congress' job performance approval rating has fallen to single digits again. It is the first time since November's election, when Democrats gained additional seats in the House and the Senate. Only 2 percent of the likely voters Rasmussen surveyed believe Congress is doing an excellent job while only 9 percent believe Congress is doing a good or excellent job.

Among Democrats, only 14 percent gave a good or excellent job performance score to Congress, even though their own party leads.

34 percent of those surveyed think a majority of the Congress is corrupt, down 2 percent since Rasmussen's last survey.

Ironically, while the government is in the throes of seeking more and more regulation in the private sector, a separate Rasmussen survey showed some voters believe politicians are more corrupt than the CEO's of large corporations and that belief was held by a whopping margin of 48 - 25 percent.

In their weekly review of polls, Rasmussen says most Americans see Barack Obama as about the only bright spot in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

tom said...

Isn't Mr. Obama part of this single digit rating ? After all he is currently a congress critter and he has helped to get us to the point we are currently at.



Won't Get Fooled Again Lyrics
Artist(Band):The Who

And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now the parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss