Sunday, June 08, 2008

Movie night - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

My husband and I went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night with three other couples. We all really liked the movie. I'm not into doing reviews (not because I can't, but because I don't think my opinion matters any more than the next person's opinion, but there were 8 of us attending together last night and we all greatly enjoyed the movie, so EIGHT opinions, now, that ought to be worth something!). I don't want to give away a single detail. Just go see it.

1 comment:

Momma Twoop said...

My opinion is the same as those eight! Great movie and well worth the time to get out to see it. A few tips for your viewing pleasure IF you're going to see it at a drive-in theater:

1) Don't see it at a drive-in if you can afford a fancy indoor theater. It's hard to see the screen, especially in the city where it never gets dark enough. Might be okay if you can find a drive-in in the middle of nowhere....hard to do since they're going the way of the dinosaur.

2) Don't take four year old twins or their five year old sister, or, even, any older siblings IF you can figure out a way to leave 'em behind (safely, of course). Trust me on this. I know about what I speak!

3) If you can't leave the young ones behind, here's what you do - get there as soon as the gates open, park close to the playground and encourage the little ones to run, swing, slide, etc. until they're about ready to drop from exhaustion...usually about the time the annoying pre-movie dancing hotdog cartoons flash on the screen. The kids will then be too busy quenching their thirst to talk or fight too much, and if luck is on your side, they'll fall asleep shortly after the movie starts.

If, like me, luck is not on your side, simply turn the speakers up as high as they can go, work diligently to catch every word in the movie you can in spite of all the noise being created by the little ones around you, keep telling yourself that this fun stage in your life will be gone all too quickly and you should enjoy it while you can, and make a mental note to rent the DVD so you can catch all the parts you missed. :)