Sunday, March 02, 2008

I got "shot" with the literary meme...

...by BRIGHT YELLOW GUN. I'll copy and paste a portion of his writing that explains the meme tag:

1. look up page 123 in the nearest book
2. look for the fifth sentence
3. then post the three sentences that follow that fifth sentence on page 123.

So, today's reading is from: "The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe," which I must admit was as close as several other volumes of poetry on my bookshelf, it just happens that in the Poe book, it happened to be prose at page 123 and fit the bill a little better. - It is from "MS. Found in a Bottle:"

"At the last moment I will enclose the MS. in a bottle, and cast it within the sea.

An incident has occurred which has given me new room for meditation. Are such things the operation of ungoverned chance? I had ventured upon deck and thrown myself down, without attracting any notice, among a pile of ratlin-stuff and old sails, in the bottom of the yawl."


Thank you for shootin' it at me sunny gun!

By the way, I'm gonna shoot it at Vince.

No comments: