Friday, February 02, 2007

Time to Move on After the Storm

I'll be taking Mother home today. It's sort of a sad thing. While I know we all need to do this, get things back to normal and follow a schedule again, not to mention her dreams of sleeping in her own bed, I'm conflicted by both the want of normalcy and the sadness that she won't be so easily accessible.

She has Doctor appointments coming up next week. She needs to be home. We rode out the storm together, the three of us. While it was trying and stressful I think we managed very well. Her electricity was restored later than ours and we still have a bit of work to do there but it is sufficient for her to return home. She's been working on gathering her things. :(

At any rate, this also means maybe I'll be ready to start posting more to the blog again. I just haven't been in the frame of mind to do it. Too many distractions, I suppose.

No comments: