Saturday, January 13, 2007

Iced Queen

For those of you who are regular readers, Jacke is currently in a Winter Wonderland from Hell. She and family are currently without power in the midst of a sea of ice, as well as a large swath of the Show Me State and surrounding states, from what I understand. She was able to phone me earlier to let me know that she was able to pick up her dear Mother this morning and bring her home with her. They're keeping warm and cooking with the aid of a gas stove. She says they're all fine but have no idea when power will be restored. It could take weeks.

Please keep them and all who are affected by this mammoth ice storm in your prayers. Thanks.

2 comments:

The Libertarian Guy said...

You need anything? Let me know.

Momma Twoop said...

Thanks, Libertarian. I'll pass the offer on to Jacke when I speak to her next. I spoke to her on Monday and they were all fine, though still without power. At least they have some heat and hot, cooked food thanks to the gas stove. If I don't hear from her today, I'll call her tomorrow to check in. I'll let you know how she's doing.