Thursday, December 21, 2006

Break Time???

It's been several days since I posted anything so I thought I'd pop in and just write about what's been going on in my world.

I've been doing some deep cleaning at Mother's, getting ready for guests we'll have Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Yes, dear sister-in-law, I washed and changed your sheets today. The refrigerator has been cleaned out and the turkey, pulled from the freezer on Monday, is in the refrigerator to thaw...and it's taking its sweet time about it too.

Tomorrow I'll be doing the shopping. Mother went over her list and checked it, not twice but more like six times and then called me after I got home to add to it. :)

I've been having an interesting discussion in the group to which I belong. Not a lot of exchanges but a heavy topic. Maybe I'll share what I've learned at some point.

I saw Galway Kinnell on the NewsHour with Jim Lehrer the other night. He read his poem "Why Regret?" One of my regrets in life had been that when I won an award when I was in my Senior year of high school to go to a summer workshop where I would have gotten to work one-on-one with Galway Kinnell, I ended up not getting to go due to some ugly circumstances. A friend of mine got to go and brought back a signed copy of one of his books of poetry for me. It would have been nice to have gotten to go but, as Kinnell pointed out, "Why Regret?" Things happened in my life that would never have happened if I had gone to that workshop. I met people I'd have never met and enjoyed the great, good fortune of working at "Taco Hut," oh, joy! Seriously, there are too many wonderful little things that happen each and every day, even the not so wonderful things can be of value. I decided to let go of my regret over not getting to meet Galway Kinnell at that workshop. I think he'd like that.

I have an idea or two for future posts when I get the time but, what better time of year than this to take a little break? Busy, busy.

1 comment:

The Libertarian Guy said...

Just popping in to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, Jacke.