Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Peace Network of the Ozarks 2

On October 1st, I posted under the heading of "The Peace Network of the Ozarks 1," regarding the source of the information they had posted on their web site, in hopes that I would be able to post a future exchange with them. I am sorry to report to you that I have not received any further reply from them since their September 27 response that I would be happier if I didn't "do any real thinking to process the information," regarding another matter.

Today, October 6, 2005, I sent a new email to The Peace Network of the Ozarks. Following is the text of that email:

" Are you planning to respond to my question about your source for the piece "Interesting Facts"? I am wondering if you compiled this list yourself, through your own research or if you picked it up from a left leaning web site? I ask because left leaning web sites have been known to take statements out of context and editorialize about them making them appear to say something which they did not say, or at the very least omitting pertinent facts.

There are no hot links to these quotes, how is one to verify them without spending a year in research tracking them down? This, you see, is to the advantage of you and your readers who would like to believe in your slanted viewpoint. Seldom will your readers take on the daunting task of verifying these "quotes" for themselves because they simply do not have the time to do so. If you expect to be a credible source for information such as this then you need to provide links for your readers to verify the sources and read the quotes in the context in which they were made. If you did indeed do this research yourself, how difficult would it have been for you to provide the links for your readers to verify them? If you truly are seeking to educate people then it only seems logical that you would take the time to do a thorough and credible job of verifying your facts.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your reply.

Jacke"


I will keep you updated if I hear anything from The Peace Network of the Ozarks.

No comments: