Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 27, Springfield City Council Meeting Agenda Online; Limited Opinion on Pension Task Force

Read the upcoming Council Meeting Agenda here.

I've had so much on my mind, I haven't known where to start. I feel pulled in several directions at the moment....

I attended the first Pension Task Force Town Hall meeting on Tuesday night. The main thing I'd say, is that I wasn't all that impressed with their presentation.

It appears the task force has come to a lot of conclusions but, what is not clear is how they came to those conclusions. While I understand how complicated the pension issue is, I thought the public would be receiving a more exhaustive report than what was received on Tuesday evening.

I'm not sure the public will be satisfied with recommendations unless there is a much better understanding about what the task force went through in order to rule out a number of alternatives, and arrive at those recommendations.

For anyone who is interested in my opinion, that's really about all I have to say about it for now. I'm sure everyone who reads this blog has been keeping up on the issue themselves or has read Amos Bridges accounts of the meetings in the News-Leader.

I'll be back soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No comment from here yet, wiil have to wait and see for now

Would it not be great if someone could win a T-shirt for the
best comment of the week ??

Jackie Melton said...

...and if you're the only commenter? You'd naturally win the T-shirt, right?

I'll see if I can pick one up at the thrift store for ya next week. You don't mind a stain or a hole, do you? ;)

Busplunge said...

Yeah, my sister Jane once told me, in one of her moments of sarcasm, that I dressed like I shopped at DAV.

I told her I did.

chestnut expressway said...

Pehaps someone could donate a T shirt and then try to win it back with the most intellectul comment for the week.

You could be the only judge of the event.