Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hammer Time!!

Well, Jacke's done it now. She's been threatening to start a blog for months now. No longer a mere aspiration, it is reality. Jacke is BLOGGING!! Yesssssssssssss!!!

Personally, I think she's a born blogger. Why, she's quite the wordsmith and manages to put forth her ideas in this heated political environment in a way that makes me jealous....never resorting to rhetoric, vulgarities or ad hominems. I'm not nearly as nice as Jacke! She always reminds me of the saying, "You can attract more with honey than with vinegar," or something to that effect. If it wasn't going on 1 a.m., I might be able to remember it, but not tonight. Jacke uses honey. I don't, at least not always.

Even with all my shortcomings, Jacke insisted that I be a part of her blogging adventure. "Fine," said I. Why not? I can write a book about the most boring things in life, as I'm sure you're learning just now, and she loves them. I'm not sure why. Perhaps one day I'll understand. I guess it could be for the same reasons that I love to read just about anything her fingers bang out on the keyboard. The topic doesn't matter. Her debate skills, articulation and reasoning are to die for! Her sense of humor is quite grand, too. I guess I'm hoping her abilities will rub off on me. Hey, it's possible!

I just found out 20 minutes ago that we had a 'blog site.' This is my first blog and since I don't know jack about blogging, setting up profiles, etc., I'll tell you a little about myself here. Hope you don't mind.

I'm a Red Stater and I'm not nearly as stupid as the Blue Staters like to think. Let's get that straight right off the bat. I am NOT stupid. I was NOT brainwashed into voting for Bush. I have NOT succumbed to some sort of mass hysteria or manipulations at the hands of Karl Rove, Dick Cheney or anyone else. Whew. I feel better already just having that off my chest. There might be something to this blog stuff after all.

Folks call me Twoop. I'm 40 years old and a proud mother of seven beautiful children ranging in age from 17 years to 11 month old twins. Now you understand why I'm sitting at the computer late at night. It's my "me" time. I have a wonderful husband who is a non-liberal attorney. Talk about a rare gem!! For those of you wondering, YES, they do exist. I can vouch for that. My life is busy, hectic and messy (hey, with all those kids, it can't be anything other than messy....but that's another story) and I love it.

My interests are politics, child-rearing, gardening, writing, crafts...primarily tole painting....and clever quips for annoying sales calls that interrupt our evenings. "Sorry. I don't have time right now. I'm, uh...waxing the cat. Can you call back later?" I guess we should now add blogging to my area of interests as well. I'm honored Jacke would ask me here. She's a special, special person with a mind like a steel trap as you'll find out soon.

I'm buckling my seat belt for this new ride and if the creek don't rise, I'll see you soon. Get ready for a splash of a lil honey mixed with a lil vinegar. Jacke, am I supposed to wink and pull on my earlobe now? I feel like I've just done a monologue. :)

Twoop

2 comments:

Jackie Melton said...

Is it okay for the "hammer" to give a comment? Lol. Twoop's about as smart as they come and they ain't a wun a them thar lefties thet gets enythin' ovur own her! Jest ya wate n see! Glad to have you aboard, Twoop!

Jackie Melton said...

Awwww, shucks. I'm blushin' now, Jacke. Thank you, frum da bodum uv ma Red State hart!

Translation for the lefties: Thank you, Jacke. I'm ever so pleased to be a part of your team in this endeavor.