So, I've been thinking about blogging for some time. Sometimes when there is so much going on in the Nation and the world it just overwhelms me, my thoughts go all different directions and I don't know what to blog on first...so I end up not blogging anything at all.
Those of you that read my last actual entry will be aware that I have been questioning my heart. I am still questioning my heart. Here are some personal thoughts, nah, not very spiritual, that's for another day.
I have, in the past, when debating people of a different political persuasion been called aggressive, a political whore, a fascist, a liar and a Nazi. Because of my s/n I have been called Flooz intead of Fleur, Flour, Flower, Floop, a blind sheep, a GOsheeP, a drama queen, living in denial...oh, I'm sure I could go on and on and never find an end to the wondrous names which I have been dubbed with, I'm sure that I have, quite, forgotten a few. I've been accused of being a troll with link provided to the description of an internet troll so that others could be educated about my *kind.* What have I done to deserve this? Told the truth. Expressed what was on my mind. Shared my opinions. That is my great sin.
So, there comes a time when it could be wise to do a little introspection. I've been doing a little introspection and what I have concluded is this. I tell the truth. Sometimes I tell the truth a little too bluntly. I generally don't start a fight and generally do not call names but do not back down when someone questions my intelligence or the basis for the formation of my opinions. I find that I am a fairly humble person. I am generally willing to give a person the benefit of the doubt, unless and until it has been proven that the person I am dealing with is intellectually dishonest, at that point I find it easier to joke around, sometimes at another's expense, than to actually try to dialog with a person. This happens more often than not and I have found very few people who will examine facts unemotionally and be willing to come to a conclusion based on those facts. This, sorry, is a liberal trend, I really didn't want to go down that road but I can't seem to help it, it's that honesty thing that I just can't seem to control. Honesty has such a hold on my life I cannot ever remember not feeling its grip. I was that stupid kid who couldn't lie to my parents to save my own hide. I was that stupid kid, who when asked a direct question was simply compelled to tell the truth even if it meant a switching across the back of my calves. That's the kid I was.
In today's world the truth doesn't seem to be as valuable to people. People seem to want to flow in one direction, then slide like silk on porcelain back the other direction. People are no longer firm but fluid, opinions change with the temperature. I am not one of those people. What's funny is that I must have been so young when I was given the message not to lie that I can't remember it. It must have made a huge impression on me because I never remember being any other way. Is it quirky to be an honest person? I get the distinct impression that it is considered a quirk and a weakness in this age. I find that so hard to fathom that I just can't even grasp it, it is like letting go of reality all together and sinking into insanity. So...heh heh...you think I'm honest or insane? What a tangent.
- Illegal immigrants are flooding into the U.S., literally flooding into the U.S. I have written numerous faxes to my Senators and Representatives. Maybe I'll share them sometime. The issue is National Security. How are we to believe that G.W. Bush, the President re-elected, primarily, because we all felt he would keep our Nation secure, will keep us secure when he allows illegal aliens to pour into our country unchecked? Who are these people? We don't really know, do we? The idea that it is a bigoted or racist position to want our laws enforced is simply so ridiculous it doesn't even warrant comment here.
- Cynthia McKinney played the race card. She needs to be charged with assault and be held accountable for her actions. Period.
- Tom DeLay: one of the charges of conspiracy was thrown out. Haw.
- Cindy Sheehan took her entourage down to Crawford for Easter. Whoopee.
- Tom Cruize, I suppose, has already eaten his baby's placenta. Icky poo!
- Scott McClellan resigned.
- Karl Rove will be playing more politics and less policy. :0
- Disgruntled retired Generals are calling for Rumsfeld's resignation. (Get a life)
- President Bush is "the decider." Hoo-raw!
- A Proud Liberal is posting more and more anti-Christian articles, or anti - "Conservative/Evangelical" Christian articles.
- The Progressive Christian movement is slowly finding its voice in Washington, in our politicians, why, Hillary says that we would have deported Jesus if he were alive today!!! (puhleeaase)
Oh geesh, I've got a neck ache and I'm not finished...
To be continued....