No Meetings Scheduled
8:00 AM Mayor's Commission for Children Executive Committee Community Foundation , 425 E. Trafficway Contact: Denise Bredfeldt, (417) 864-1656
11:45 AM Special City Council Meeting* Busch Municipal Building, 4th Floor Conf. Rm., 840 Boonville Contact: Brenda Cirtin, (417) 864-1650
12:00 PM (or immediately following the Special City Council Meeting) Council Lunch** Busch Municipal Building, 4th Floor Conf. Rm., 840 Boonville Contact: Anita Climer, (417) 864-1654
1:30 PM Board of Adjustment Old City Hall, Council Chambers, 830 Boonville Contact: Matt Schaefer, (417) 864-1100
8:00 AM Workforce Investment Board Marketing Committee Missouri Career Center , 1514 South Glenstone Contact: Karen Dowdy, (417) 887-4343
5:30 PM Landmarks Board Old City Hall, Council Chambers, 830 Boonville Contact: Daniel Neal, (417) 864-1036
5:30 PM Building Trades Certification and Examination Board Busch Municipal Building, 1st Floor Conf. Rm, 840 Boonville Contact: Nick Heatherly, (417) 864-1059
6:30 PM Planning and Zoning Commission Old City Hall, Council Chambers, 830 Boonville Contact: Mike MacPherson, (417) 864-1831
8:30 AM Springfield/Greene County Park Board Park Board Offices , 1923 North Weller Contact: Jodie Adams, (417) 864-1049
9:00 AM Commercial Street Community Improvement District Busch Municipal Building, 2nd Floor West Conf. Rm., 840 Boonville Contact: Donnie Rodgers, (417) 880-3435
*Special January 5, 11:45 AM City Council meeting Agenda:
1. ROLL CALL.
2. FIRST READING BILLS. CITIZENS MAY SPEAK. NOT ANTICIPATED TO BE VOTED ON.
3. COUNCIL BILL 2010-001 (O'Neal)A special ordinance authorizing the issuance of not to exceed $13,000,000 principal amount of special obligation bonds (State of Missouri - Direct Loan Program - ARRA) series 2010 of the City of Springfield, Missouri, for the purpose of extending and improving the City's sewerage system; prescribing the form and details of the bonds and the agreements made by the City to facilitate and protect their payment and prescribing other related matters.
4. NEW BUSINESS
Budget Cuts - Greg Burris
5. ANY AND ALL MATTERS WHICH FALL WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF THE COUNCIL.
Note: Springfield City Clerk Brenda Cirtin indicated the Council wouldn't be taking action on Council bill 2010-001, and the public hearing will be continued to the regular January 11, City Council meeting. After hearing from the public the Council will likely vote.
"Just wanted Council to have plenty of time to review it, as it is ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) money," Cirtin wrote in an email.
**City Council Tentative January 5, Lunch Agenda:
1. Citizen's Advisory Committee for Community Development (CACCD) - Vern Morgan
2. Continued Q & A regarding City Manager's Proposed 2nd Quarter Budget Cuts - Greg Burris
3. Any and all matters to come before City Council
Sources: City of Springfield Public Information Office and City Clerk Brenda Cirtin