Sunday, November 22, 2009

For Jackie

Dear Lord,

You know Jackie so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You also know her heart.

Lord, I ask you to be with her now, working in her life. Let your will be done in her life. Lord, I pray for Jackie because your Word says I should pray for her healing. I am desperate for her to be healed and returned to me, to be a part of my life. I need her, Lord, please forgive my selfishness for wanting to keep her here if that is not your will.

I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for her life.

Lord, I don't always understand your ways and why Jackie has to suffer, but I trust you. Please, Lord, look with mercy and grace toward her. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence. Comfort those close to her now, Lord, and ease their hurt.

Let them know you are there with them through this difficulty. And may you be glorified in Jackie's life and also in mine.

Amen

5 comments:

Busplunge said...

I was wondering why the blog stopped.

Momma Twoop said...

Hiya, Busplunge, Jackie is still in the hospital. She is still in critical condition, but the last word is that she's improving. If you're the praying type, please pray for her.

admin said...

Let her know that Fat Jack wishes her well ... very well.

Momma Twoop said...

I will certainly pass that along, Jack. Thank you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.